Since, more than 100 years ago, Duke Kahanamoku shaped a wooden board and surfed for the first time in Australia, our sport had grown hugely in the island-continent. Today, it is the only country to host more than one WSL World Championship event, in fact, 3 of the 11 events, as well as 2 of the 10 Longboard World Championships.
The journey we propose runs along the west coast from Brisbane to Sydney. 1000 kms road trip to surf the mythical waves of Noosa Heads (home to one of the Longboard World Championship trials), Byron Bay (beside Gold Coast, home of the shortboard world championship) and Crescent Bay. In between we will stop at Lamington National Park for a hike and enjoy the wild nature of Australia. We will end our journey in Sydney
For this trip, we have selected hotels or apartments with the main idea of being next to the water. We will sleep in front of the line up, so we don’t loose too much time in the journeys. Wake up and jump in the water!
We will also spend a night in the Lamington National Park, enjoying the wild nature of Australia at its finest!
To be more agile, we will have one or two SUVs (depending on the number of travelers). With them we will travel all the way down from Brisbane to Sydney, enjoying one of the most emblematic coasts in the world and submerge on Australian life.
– May 1st, Friday: Arrival to Brisbane and transfer to Noosa Heads
– May 2nd, Saturday: Surf day at Noosa Heads
– May 3rd, Sunday: Surf morning in Noosa Heads and transfer to Lamington
– May 4th, Monday: Hiking route in Lamington and transfer to Byron Bay
– May 5th, Thursday: Surfind day at Byron Bay
– May 6th, Wednesday: Surf Morning Byron Bay and transfer to Crescent Head
– May 7th, Thursday: Surfing day at Crescent Head
– May 8th, Friday: Surfing morning in Crescent Head and transfer to Sydney
– May 9th, Saturday: Free day at Sydney
– May 10th, Sunday: Transfer to the airport and flight back
– All transportation in destination
– 2 apartment nights at Noosa Ocean Breeze (room only) at Noosa Heads
– 1 hotel night at O’Reillys Rainforest Retreat (bed and breakfast) in the Lamington National Park
– 2 studio nights in Byron Bay Eco Beach Resort (room only) at Byron Bay
– 2 hotel nights at Country Comfort Waters Edge Port Macquire (Bed and breakfast) at Crescent Head
– 2 hotel nights at Travelodge Wynyard (bed and breakfast) at Sydney
– 1 hike at Lamington National Park
– Spanish guide 24/7
– Photo and video report
– Welcome Pack
– OPTIONAL: 6 2-hours surf lessons and equipment rental
– All the personal expenses as tips, bar bills, laundry and beverage
– International flight
– Any other expenses due to political, act of nature or any other reason which are beyond control of Malamalama Travels
– Baggage and personal insurance including emergency evacuation You can have your insurance with us (World Nomad insurance) or find another by your own.
– All foods not included in the program
INFORMATION ON PACKAGED TRIP GUARANTEES:
The combination of travel services offered to you is a packaged trip within the meaning of the consolidated text of the General Law for the Defense of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws, approved by Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of November 16.
Therefore, you will enjoy all the rights that apply under the EU to package travel. The company Malamalama Travels will be fully responsible for the correct execution of the package trip as a whole.
In addition, as required by law, Malamalama Travels is covered by a guarantee to reimburse you for payments made and, if transportation is included in the trip, to ensure your repatriation in case you incur insolvency.
More information on their main rights under the consolidated text of the General Law for the Defense of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws, approved by Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of 16 November